Anthony Nelson (musician)(Redirected from Anthony_Nelson_(Musician))
|Birth name||Anthony Jerrod Nelson|
|Born||October 6, 1975|
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Origin||Saint Gabriel, Louisiana|
|Genres||Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Praise and worship|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Producer, multi-instrument musician, engineer|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass guitar, keyboard|
Anthony Nelson (born 1975) is an African American Gospel Singer, songwriter, composer, producer and lead for his band Anthony Nelson & The Overcomers. He is best known for his Billboard#1 Gospel hit, "Deeper".
Anthony Nelson was born an only child to the late Joe and Joyce Nelson on October 6, 1975. His exposure to gospel music came at a young age through his mother and grandmother who were both gospel vocalists. Nelson would go to earn a Bachelor of Science from Southern University and A&M College and then a Masters of Science from Louisiana State University and find work as an environmental engineer.
After his parents passing he found himself drifting from the church he attended regularly. During his grief, he focused on his relationship with God and started using music to foster this relationship eventually finding himself back in church with a newfound relationship to God. Nelson would go on to become a Minister of Music and utilize music to heal and lead worship.
Nelson wanted to share his music and the Lord's message with the world and formed the band "The Overcomers". Nelson and the Overcomers would gain fame through listings on Billboard Top Ten Hits and a number one hit on Amazon's top 100 Christian Bestsellers. The band's success would bring in new fans and allow Nelson to minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ through music to listeners around the world.
Forming The Overcomers
Nelson knew his love for music was the best way to share the Lord's message and in order to avoid the chaos that typically comes with the formation of a band, he recruited family members. Together they created music that combined various styles of folk, R&B, Soul, and Pop but kept with the true importance of having lyrics that are biblically and doctrinally sound.
The band released a radio single “Dedicate” prior to the release of the debut album. The album, entitled “Love Jesus, Love People” featured twelve tracks with a contemporary adult R&B sound.
- 2016 Love Jesus, Love People
- 2018 (Forthcoming) Worship: In Spirit and in Truth EP
- 2018 (Forthcoming) Inhabit EP
The band recorded two singles after Love Jesus, Love People was released. Deeper and Undeserved were both Billboard Top Ten hits, with Deeper coming in at the number one spot for the Gospel category. Both songs are part of the upcoming release entitled “Worship: In Spirit and in Truth”.
- ^ a b "Top Of The Charts: Anthony Nelson & The Overcomers hit with worship track "Deeper"" . www.crossrhythms.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- ^ a b "An Interview with Anthony Nelson | Star Struck Extreme Blog, Latest Celebrity, Entertainment & Fashion News" . www.starstruckextreme.com. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- ^ a b "Anthony Nelson and the Overcomers New Album: Worship: In Spirit and In Truth | Hollywood Heat - Celebrity, Entertainment & Music News" . www.hollywoodheat.net. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- ^ Hallels. "Anthony Nelson & The Overcomers to Release "Love Jesus, Love People"" . www.hallels.com. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- ^ "Anthony Nelson & the Overcomers: Love Jesus, Love People" . The Journal of Gospel Music. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- ^ a b "Chart Search | Billboard" . www.billboard.com. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- ^ "Anthony Nelson & The Overcomers: "Love Jesus, Love People" - the perfect blend of exceptional musicianship and anointing - JamSphere" . jamsphere.com. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
Categories: Living people | 1975 births | American gospel singers | American songwriters | 21st-century American composers | American producers | African-American musicians | 21st-century American singers
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony Nelson (musician) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 15.11.2019 02:03:27 CET - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.