Aventura group members
|Also known as|
|Origin||The Bronx, New York|
Aventura is an American bachata group that broke into the mainstream with their 2002 hit "Obsesión (featuring Judy Santos)". With a line-up comprising Romeo Santos, Lenny Santos, Henry Santos and Max Agende Santos, they are regarded as one of the most influential latin groups of all time. The group were integral to the evolution of bachata music and are the pioneers of the modern bachata sound. Aventura released five studio albums in a decade, spawning many top 10 hits like "Cuando Volverás", "Un Beso", "Mi Corazoncito", "Los Infieles", "El Perdedor", "Por Un Segundo", "Dile Al Amor", among others. They have Sold Out many arenas including the world famous Madison Square Garden. Aventura have been nominated for awards such as American Music Awards, the Latin Grammy Awards, Billboard Latin Music Awards, and Premio Lo Nuestro. Aventura is one of the most internationally recognized Latin groups of the last two decades and are known as The Kings of Modern Bachata. They have also been named the latin Beatles.
- 1 History
- 2 Hiatus
- 3 Reunion and Tour
- 4 Members
- 5 Discography
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Los Tinellers de la Bachata was formed in 1994 by Lenny "Len Melody", Max Agende "El Trueno", Anthony "Romeo" and Henry "Hustle Hard". Lenny and Max are brothers while Romeo and Henry are cousins. They are born and raised in the South Bronx with the exception of Henry who was born in Moca, Dominican Republic. The group was discovered by Elvin Polanco at a local parade in the Bronx.  Elvin became their manager. They released their first album in 1995 titled "Trampa de Amor" under Elca Productions.The album did not do well commercially.
In 1996, with the help of new manager Julio César García, the group created a new image. Julio added Max and Henry and made the group to resemble popular american boy bands. They renamed the group to Aventura and signed with Premium Latin Music, Inc. They made their big break in 1999, with the hopes of breaking bachata music into the mainstream from its traditional base.  The group where the first to experiment with bachata by fusing the genre with R&B music, hip hop, rap and rock. Aventura broke bachata rules. They were the first bachata act to sing a whole bachata song in english. Lenny innovated bachata guitar with his use of electric guitars. He also innovated the tone of bachata guitar by adding guitar effects such as wah, phaser, distortion, tremolo and harmonizer.  Max innovated the bachata bass with his use of bass techniques such as slapping and bass slides. Max incorporated a lot of rock bass riffs into bachata. Their sound helped make the genre mainstream, as showed with the success of their 2002 hit song "Obsesión" . The song achieved huge success in many countries, topping many international charts like France, Germany and Italy. Since then they have blown up internationally with hits such as "Su Veneno", "Todavia Me Amas", "El Malo", "Te Invito", "Por Un Segundo", among others. Toby Love began his music career with Aventura and left in 2005 to pursue a solo career in bachata.
In 2009, Aventura was invited to perform their hit single "Su Veneno" "In Performance at the White House: Fiesta Latina" for the 44th President of the United States Barack Obama at the White House.  They are the first bachata act to ever perform at the White House.
Aventura stated in 2011 that the group would be taking a hiatus to do individual projects..
After the group announced their hiatus (pause) in 2011, Henry, embarked on a respective solo career, looking to be accepted without the group. Romeo took the opportunity to sign with Sony Music Latin, and embarked on his solo career as well. Although Max wanted to focus more on his rap career, he joined his brother Lenny and formed their new group called "D'Element." under Lenny's record label "Element Music Group". They then joined Steve Styles from the bachata group Xtreme and renamed the group "Vena".
Reunion and Tour
On December 1, 2015, it was announced on their website and social media that Aventura would have a reunion tour for the whole month of February at the United Palace Theater in New York City. Their first concert since their split started with a sold out crowd on February 4, 2016 with the final concert ending on February 28, 2016.  They would've continued on with the tour, but Romeo had to finish the second leg of his Formula Vol. 2 tour.
On April 1, 2019, Romeo, Lenny, Henry and Max posted an image on their Instagram accounts teasing a new Aventura single called "Inmortal" slated to be released at 9PM, with "#UTOPIA". At 9PM, Romeo uploaded a video saying that their new song was not releasing at 9PM after all, and that it was intended to be a April Fool's joke which led the fans to become upset and lash out on social media. A few hours later, however, the group apologized and announced that the April fools joke wasn't the song, but was the release date. They then previewed the new single "Inmortal" and it's music video, stating that it was being released friday, as a part of Romeo's fourth upcoming studio album, Utopia. This is their first single in 10 years. The single debuted at number 5 on the Hot Latin Songs chart, and at number 95 on the Hot 100.
On September 21, 2019, the group reunited for Romeo's Utopia Concert at the MetLife stadium. They performed hits such as "Dile al Amor", "Todavia Me Amas", and "Inmortal". The group performed Obsesión alongside Cardi B and also performed her hit song "I Like It". 
- Anthony "Romeo" Santos – lead vocals, songwriter, composer, producer
- Lenny Santos – lead guitar, rhythm guitar, electric guitar, arranger, producer
- Henry Santos – vocals, backing vocals, composer
- Max Santos – bass guitar, rapper
- Toby Love – backing vocals, congas
- Judy Santos– female vocals
As Los Tinellers
- Trampa De Amor (1995) Jimenez Publicidad Promoter
- Generation Next (2000) Jimenez Publicidad Promoter
- We Broke the Rules (2002)
- Love & Hate (2003)
- God's Project (2005)
- The Last (2009)
- Unplugged (2004)
- K.O.B. Live (2006)
- Kings of Bachata: Sold Out at Madison Square Garden (2007)
- 14+14 (2011)
- Grandes Éxitos (2012)
- Todavía Me Amas: Lo Mejor de Aventura (2016)
- ^ allmusic - Aventura - Overview . allmusic.com. Retrieved on February 18, 2010.
- ^ Diario, Listin (2016-11-07). "A 20 años del primer álbum de Aventura" . listindiario.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "What You Didn't Know about Aventura – LatinTRENDS.com" . Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ Mark.C.Davis. "Aventura's Lenny Santos" . GuitarPlayer.com. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "Fiesta Latina | PBS | PBS" . Fiesta Latina | PBS | PBS. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ Mallenbaum, Carly (January 8, 2012). "On the Verge: 'Bachata King' Romeo" . USA Today. Gannett Co. Inc. Archived from the original on January 21, 2013. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- ^ Quintana, Carlos. "Top Bachata Songs of 2012" . About.com. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- ^ "GRUPO VENA: D'element Project (Miembros de Aventura Y Xtreme Se Juntan!)" . That's Dominican.
- ^ Feeney, Michael (July 13, 2014). "Romeo Santos joined by Marc Anthony, former Aventura members at sold-out Yankee Stadium show" . New York Daily News. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- ^ "Aventura 2016 Reunion Concert Dates Announced" . Latin Post. 2015-12-07. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "Romeo Santos on Instagram: "Nuevo sencillo de Aventura esta noche a las 9PM EST. #UT🌍PIA"" . Instagram. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ Pareles, Jon; Caramanica, Jon; Russonello, Giovanni (2019-04-05). "The Playlist: Romeo Santos Reunites With Aventura, and 9 More New Songs" . The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "Romeo Santos Announces New Aventura Single 'Inmortal' -- No Joke" . Billboard. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "Reunited For Romeo Santos' Album, Aventura Returns To The Hot 100" . Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- ^ Valdez, Maria G. (2019-04-26). "Aventura's Surprise Performance at Premios Billboard Leaves Us Wondering: Are They Back Together?" . POPSUGAR Latina. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "Watch Romeo Santos & Aventura Reunite for Epic Billboard Latin Music Awards Performance" . Billboard. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- ^ "Romeo Santos Builds a Bachata Utopia With Nearly 60,000 in Attendance at MetLife Stadium" . Billboard. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Official website
- iASO Records "Bachata: The New York Style" - describes how Aventura contributed to the music of bachata
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aventura (band) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 14.10.2019 04:22:57 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.