Beatrice II, Countess of Burgundy
|Died||7 May 1231|
|Spouse(s)||Otto I, Duke of Merania|
|Father||Otto I, Count of Burgundy|
|Mother||Margaret, Countess of Blois|
Beatrice II (1193 – 7 May 1231) reigned Countess Palatine of Burgundy from 1205 until her death. She was a member of the Swabian Hohenstaufen dynasty, the daughter of Count Otto I of Burgundy and Margaret, Countess of Blois, thereby a granddaughter of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
She was born in 1193, younger sister of Countess Joanna I of Burgundy. From the time of her father's assassination at Besançon in 1200, she was next-in-line to the County, eventually succeeding Joanna after her death in 1205. Her uncle Philip of Swabia, German king since 1198, had ensured her Burgundian heritage.
- Otto III, Count of Burgundy
- Agnes of Merania (1215-1263)
- Beatrix of Andechs-Merania
- Adelaide, Countess of Burgundy
- ^ Women in power
- ^ Jiri Louda, Michael MacLagan, Les Dynasties d'Europe, Bordas, 1995. ISBN 2-04-027115-5.
- ^ H.A. Fisher, The Medieval Empire, (AMS Press, 1898), 338.
- ^ VANÍČEK, Vratislav. Velké dějiny zemí Koruny české II. 1197-1250. Prague: Paseka, 2000. ISBN 80-7185-273-2. S. 341.
- ^ C. Chl. Freiherr von Reitzensten: Regesten der Grafen von Orlamuende aus Babenberger und Ascanischem Stamm, Historical Society of Upper Franconia ("Upper Franconian Historical Society"), Bayreuth, 1871
Beatrice II, Countess of BurgundyBorn: 1193 Died: 7 May 1231
| Countess of Burgundy