Buddha and the Chocolate Box
|Buddha and the Chocolate Box|
|Studio album by|
|Released||19 March 1974|
Sound Techniques Studios, London, England; mixed at Sound Techniques, AIR Studios and Morgan Studios, London
|Genre||Soft rock, folk rock|
|Cat Stevens chronology|
|Christgau's Record Guide||C–|
Buddha and the Chocolate Box is the eighth studio album by Cat Stevens. The title came to Stevens when he was travelling to a gig on a plane with a Buddha in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other. He pondered that if he were to die in the plane these would be the last objects with him, and he would be caught between the spiritual and the material. The album leans towards the spiritual path, and is an indication of the direction his life would follow.
- 1 Track listing
- 2 Personnel
- 3 Charts
- 4 References
All tracks composed by Cat Stevens
- Side one
- "Music" – 4:21
- "Oh Very Young" – 2:36
- "Sun/C79" – 4:35
- "Ghost Town" – 3:10
- "Jesus" – 2:14
- Side two
- "Ready" – 3:18
- "King of Trees" – 5:07
- "A Bad Penny" – 3:21
- "Home in the Sky" – 3:38
- Cat Stevens – vocals, synthesizer, guitar, keyboards, producer, design, concept, illustrations
- Alun Davies – acoustic guitar, vocals
- Gerry Conway – drums, vocals, possible percussion
- Jean Roussel – strings, arranger, keyboards, string arrangements
- Bruce Lynch – bass
- Jim Ryan – guitar
- Mark Warner – guitar
- Roland Harker – banjo
- Joanne – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Judy – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Sunny – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Ruby – vocals, singer
- Barry – vocals, singer
- Joy – vocals, singer
- Brigette – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Suzanne – vocals, soloist
- Jacqui – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Clifford – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Danny – vocals, singer
- Rick – vocals, singer
- Jimmy – vocals, choir, chorus, singer
- Larry – vocals, singer
- Del Newman – strings, arranger, string arrangements
- Suzanne Cox – vocals, singer
- Paul Samwell-Smith – producer
- John Wood – engineer
- Victor Gamm – engineer, mixing
- Alan Harris – mixing
- Ted Jensen – mastering
- Robin Black – mixing
- Roger Quested – mixing
- Beth Stempel – reissue co-ordination
- Bill Levenson – reissue supervisor
- Vartan – art direction
- Roland Young – design, concept
- Mathieu Bitton – package design, reissue package design
- ^ https://www.discogs.com/Cat-Stevens-Buddha-And-The-Chocolate-Box/release/3378313
- ^ Ruhlmann, William. Buddha and the Chocolate Box at Allmusic. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- ^ Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: S" . Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved 13 March 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- ^ https://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/buddha-and-the-chocolate-box-19740523
- ^ a b Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 . St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Retrieved 26 June 2013. See also: Kent Music Report.
- ^ "austriancharts.at Cat Stevens – Buddha and the Chocolate Box" (ASP). Hung Medien (in German). Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- ^ Library and Archives Canada. Archived 15 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 24 February 2012
- ^ "InfoDisc : Tous les Albums classés par Artiste > Choisir Un Artiste Dans la Liste : Cat Stevens" . infodisc.fr. Archived from the original on 6 May 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2012. Note: user must select 'Cat STEVENS' from drop-down
- ^ a b "Hit Parade Italia – Gli album più venduti del 1974" (in Italian). hitparadeitalia.it. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- ^ "norwegiancharts.com Cat Stevens – Buddha and the Chocolate Box" (ASP). Hung Medien. VG-lista. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ "The Official Charts Company – Cat Stevens – Buddha and the Chocolate Box" (PHP). Official Charts Company. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ "allmusic ((( Buddha and the Chocolate Box > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))" . allmusic.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ "Album Search: Cat Stevens – Buddha and the Chocolate Box" (ASP) (in German). Media Control. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ "RPM Top 100 Albums of 1974" . RPM. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- ^ "Les Albums (CD) de 1972 par InfoDisc" (in French). infodisc.fr. Archived from the original (PHP) on 27 October 2012. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- ^ "Top Pop Albums of 1974" . billboard.biz. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ "British album certifications – Cat Stevens – Buddha and the Chocolate Box" . British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 11 June 2019. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type Buddha and the Chocolate Box in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- ^ "American album certifications – Cat Stevens – the Chocolate Box" . Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 11 June 2019. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha and the Chocolate Box (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 01.05.2020 05:03:29 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.