The Cyclopoida are an order of small crustaceans from the subclass Copepoda. Like many other copepods, members of Cyclopoida are small, planktonic animals living both in the sea and in freshwater habitats. They are capable of rapid movement. Their larval development is metamorphic, and the embryos are carried in paired or single sacs attached to first abdominal somite.
Cyclopoids are distinguished from other copepods by having first antennae shorter than the length of the head and thorax, and uniramous second antennae. The main joint lies between the fourth and fifth segments of the body.
Cyclopoida contains 30 families:
- Archinotodelphyidae Lang, 1949
- Ascidicolidae Thorell, 1859
- Botryllophilidae Sars G.O., 1921
- Buproridae Thorell, 1859
- Chitonophilidae Avdeev & Sirenko, 1991
- Chordeumiidae Boxshall, 1988
- Corallovexiidae Stock, 1975
- Cucumaricolidae Bouligand & Delamare-Deboutteville, 1959
- Cyclopettidae Martínez Arbizu, 2000
- Cyclopicinidae Khodami, Vaun MacArthur, Blanco-Bercial & Martinez Arbizu, 2017
- Cyclopidae Rafinesque, 1815
- Cyclopinidae Sars G.O., 1913
- Enterognathidae Illg & Dudley, 1980
- Enteropsidae Thorell, 1859
- Fratiidae Ho, Conradi & López-González, 1998
- Giselinidae Martínez Arbizu, 2000
- Hemicyclopinidae Martínez Arbizu, 2001
- Lernaeidae Cobbold, 1879
- Mantridae Leigh-Sharpe, 1934
- Micrallectidae Huys, 2001
- Notodelphyidae Dana, 1853
- Oithonidae Dana, 1853
- Ozmanidae Ho & Thatcher, 1989
- Paralubbockiidae Boxshall & Huys, 1989
- Psammocyclopinidae Martínez Arbizu, 2001
- Pterinopsyllidae Sars G.O., 1913
- Schminkepinellidae Martínez Arbizu, 2006
- Smirnovipinidae Khodami, Vaun MacArthur, Blanco-Bercial & Martinez Arbizu, 2017
- Speleoithonidae Rocha & Iliffe, 1991
- Thaumatopsyllidae Sars G.O., 1913
- Cyclopoida incertae sedis – 8 genera
Several more families are included in Suborder Poecilostomatoida, a temporary name for the "poecilostome lineage"  The Poecilostomatoida were previously treated as a separate order, but molecular phylogenies show that this lineage is nested within the Cyclopoida.
Categories: Cyclopoida | Crustacean orders
Information as of:
12.06.2021 08:52:18 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.