|Single by Akon|
|from the album Konvicted|
|Released||January 19, 2007|
|Format||CD, digital download|
|Songwriter(s)||Aliaune Thiam, Bob Marley, Anthony Lawson, R. Kelly|
|Akon singles chronology|
"Don't Matter" is a reggae fusion–R&B song by American singer Akon from his second studio album, Konvicted (2006). The song was released as the album's third single in early 2007. In April 2007, it became Akon's first solo U.S. number-one single and second number-one overall. A crucial part of the chorus uses Bob Marley's 1979 classic "Zimbabwe". “Don’t Matter” was #31 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007. This song was also #81 on MTV Asia's list of Top 100 Hits of 2007.
- 1 Chart performance
- 2 Covers
- 3 Music video
- 4 Track listing
- 5 Release history
- 6 Charts
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
"Don't Matter" was released in the United States in mid-January 2007. The song made its debut at number seventy-nine on the Billboard Hot 100 and reached number one after ten weeks on the chart, in large part due to its substantial airplay, the song topping the Hot 100 Airplay chart for two weeks. In the United Kingdom, it debuted on the singles chart at number forty-five, based solely upon downloads, and late peaking at number three following a physical release. Following the song's debut inside the top ten on the singles chart in Canada, it peaked at number one for a period of three weeks. As of January 2008, the song has been certified 3 times platinum for 3,000,000 digital sales. Bizzy Bone made a remix with this song, so did Candace Jones, Jadiel and Nivea. As of 2011, the song has sold 5,600,000 copies both in the United States and internationally.
Fall Out Boy performed a cover of "Don't Matter" for their live album, **** Live in Phoenix. They also performed the song at their June 12, 2007 concert, the night after their bassist Pete Wentz got in a fight with a fan. Canadian singer Lights often covered the song for her live shows. Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte did a cover of "Don't Matter" live in Festival de Verão Salvador with Akon in January 2010. Singer Kehlani interpolates the song in her 2017 track "Undercover".
The video was directed by Gil Green and starts with Akon picking up his date which happens to be his cousin (Klari Aniz) at a location. As he leaves with this date, an old man (presumably a relative of the date) is shown both reading a magazine about Akon partying at local clubs and staring at the two with an angry look. The video continues with Akon singing "Don't Matter" throughout the course of his date. It is set in a Caribbean beach style community at social places such as the beach, village market, and a dance. Notably, in the video's final scene, the music becomes much more lively, with a Caribbean style rhythm playing under the songs chorus. It has a cameo appearance by Cuban-American rapper Pitbull.
- UK CD single / European CD single #1
- "Don't Matter" - 4:09
- "Shake Down" (Remix) (Feat. Red Cafe) - 4:28
- European CD single #2
- "Don't Matter" (Konvict Remix) - 5:46
- "Don't Matter" (Calypso Remix) - 5:38
- "Don't Matter" (Original Radio Edit) - 4:09
- "Don't Matter" (Video) - 4:15
- Australian CD single
- "Don't Matter" (Radio Edit) - 3:02
- "Shake Down" (Remix) (Feat. Red Cafe) - 4:28
- "Easy Road" - 3:59
- "Don't Matter" (Video) - 4:15
|United States||January 19, 2007|
|Australia||June 30, 2007|
|United Kingdom||October 15, 2007|
- List of Canadian number-one singles of 2001–07
- List of number-one singles of 2007 (Ireland)
- List of number-one singles from the 2000s (New Zealand)
- List of Romanian Top 100 number ones of the 2000s
- List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2007 (U.S.)
- ^ Love, Tony. "CEO" . www.tonylove.com/albums.htm. Lawsongs BMI. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- ^ No byline (December 11, 2007). "The 100 Best Songs of 2007" Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2007-12-21
- ^ MTV Asia. "Top 100 Hits List" Archived December 22, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2007-12-27
- ^ "Akon - Don't Matter Remixes (CD) at Discogs" . Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ^ "Australian-charts.com – Akon – Don't Matter" . ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- ^ "Austriancharts.at – Akon – Don't Matter" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- ^ "Brazil" (PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)" . Billboard.
- ^ "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: Change the chart to CZ – RADIO – TOP 100 and insert 200735 into search.
- ^ "Hitlisten.NU – Akon – Don't Matter " (in Danish). Tracklisten.
- ^ "Akon – Chart Search" Billboard European Hot 100 Singles for Akon. (subscription required)
- ^ "Lescharts.com – Akon – Don't Matter" (in French). Les classement single.
- ^ "Offiziellecharts.de – Akon – Don't Matter" . GfK Entertainment Charts.
- ^ "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- ^ "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- ^ "Chart Track: Week 20, 2007" . Irish Singles Chart.
- ^ "Dutchcharts.nl – Akon – Don't Matter" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- ^ "Charts.nz – Akon – Don't Matter" . Top 40 Singles.
- ^ "Norwegiancharts.com – Akon – Don't Matter" . VG-lista.
- ^ "Romanian Top 100 – Top 10" (in Romanian). Romanian Top 100. Archived from the original on 26 June 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- ^ "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200728 into search.
- ^ "Spanishcharts.com – Akon – Don't Matter" Canciones Top 50.
- ^ "Swedishcharts.com – Akon – Don't Matter" . Singles Top 100.
- ^ "Swisscharts.com – Akon – Don't Matter" . Swiss Singles Chart.
- ^ "Akon: Artist Chart History" . Official Charts Company.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Hot 100)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Adult R&B Songs)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Latin Airplay)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Pop Songs)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Rhythmic)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Billboard Hot 100 Year-End 2007" . Retrieved 2012-04-15.
Categories: 2007 singles | Akon songs | Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles | Canadian Singles Chart number-one singles | Irish Singles Chart number-one singles | Number-one singles in New Zealand | Number-one singles in Romania | UK R& | B Singles Chart number-one singles | Reggae fusion songs | Contemporary R& | B ballads | Songs written by Akon | Song recordings produced by Akon | Music videos directed by Gil Green | 2006 songs | Songs written by R. Kelly | Songs written by Bob Marley | 2000s ballads
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't Matter (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 05.11.2019 08:19:57 CET - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.