Patrick Donald Rayfield OBE (born 12 February 1942, Oxford) is an English academic and Emeritus Professor of Russian and Georgian at Queen Mary University of London. He is an author of books about Russian and Georgian literature, and about Joseph Stalin and his secret police. He is also a series editor for books about Russian writers and intelligentsia. He translated Georgian and Russian poets and prose writers.
- Anton Chekhov: A Life (1997) ISBN 0-00-255503-4 (and several other reprints)
- Stalin and His Hangmen (2004) ISBN 0-375-50632-2 (and several other reprints)
- Chekhov's Uncle Vanya and the Wood Demon (2007)
- The Cherry Orchard: Catastrophe and Comedy (1994) ISBN 0-8057-4451-7
- Dream of Lhasa: The Life of Nikolay Przhevalsky (1976)
- The Garnett Book of Russian Verse (2000)
- Understanding Chekhov: A Critical Study of Chekhov's Prose and Drama
- The Literature of Georgia: A History (2000)
- A Comprehensive Georgian-English Dictionary (2006)
- Dead Souls, translation of Gogol's 1842 novel (2008; 2012)
- Edge of Empires: A History of Georgia (2012)
Translations from Georgian
Categories: 1942 births | Living people | Linguists from the United Kingdom | Kartvelian studies scholars | Academics of Queen Mary University of London | Translators from Georgian | British translator stubs
Information as of:
18.06.2020 06:43:59 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.