Gierłoż, Kętrzyn County
Gierłoż [ˈɡʲɛrwɔʂ] (German Görlitz) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Kętrzyn, within Kętrzyn County, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, in north-east Poland. It lies approximately 8 kilometres (5 mi) east of Kętrzyn and 74 km (46 mi) north-east of the regional capital Olsztyn.
Before 1945 the area was part of Germany (East Prussia).
The village has a population of 24.
Adolf Hitler's military headquarters from June 21, 1941 to November 20, 1944 were situated here in a bunker, called The Wolf's Lair.
Categories: Villages in Kętrzyn County | Kętrzyn County geography stubs
Information as of:
14.06.2020 11:10:53 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.