Gilbert R. Lavoie
Lavoie has studied the Shroud of Turin, the reputed burial cloth of Jesus Christ, for more than twenty years and has written two books on his findings as well as other original studies. He approached his study as from a scientific stand point and as a doctor and discovered in his research that the image on the cloth could not be a painting. In his books Lavoie claims that the Shroud points to the resurrection of Jesus.
In 2004, Lavoie ran for the 1st Suffolk & Middlesex district seat of the Massachusetts Senate as a Republican, challenging Robert Travaglini, a six-term incumbent Democrat. He lost by a wide margin.
- Lavoie, Gilbert R. (2000). Resurrected: Tangible Evidence That Jesus Rose from the Dead. Notre Dame, Indiana: Ave Maria Press. ISBN 0-88347-458-1. OCLC 44640691 .
- Lavoie, Gilbert R. (1998). Unlocking the secrets of the Shroud . Notre Dame, Indiana: Ave Maria Press. ISBN 0-88347-395-X. OCLC 38552186 .
- ^ Lavoie, Gilbert R. (2000). Resurrected: Tangible Evidence That Jesus Rose from the Dead. Notre Dame, Indiana: Ave Maria Press. ISBN 0-88347-458-1. OCLC 44640691 .[page needed]
- ^ Lavoie, Gilbert R. (1998). Unlocking the secrets of the Shroud . Notre Dame, Indiana: Ave Maria Press. ISBN 0-88347-395-X. OCLC 38552186 .[page needed]
- ^ The Associated Press (2004). "Massachusetts general election results" . The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2007-05-02.
Categories: Living people | Medical College of Virginia alumni | Johns Hopkins University alumni | American non-fiction writers | American occupational health practitioners | American non-fiction writer stubs
Information as of: 11.07.2020 09:03:30 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.