Guy III, Count of Saint-Pol
|Count of Saint-Pol|
Coat of arms of the Counts of Blois-Châtillon
Matilda of Brabant, Countess of Artois
(m. 1255; died 1288)
|Father||Hugh I, Count of Blois|
|Mother||Mary, Countess of Blois|
On January 16, 1255, he married Matilda of Brabant, Countess of Artois, daughter of Henry II, Duke of Brabant and Marie of Hohenstaufen, and thereafter was a supporter of his brother-in-law Henry III against Guelders. They had:
- Hugh II, Count of Blois.
- Guy IV, Count of Sain-Pol.
- Jacques, lord of Leuze-Châtillon.
- Beatrix (d. 1304), married John I of Brienne, Count of Eu
- Jeanne, married Guillaume III de Chauvigny, Lord of Châteauroux
- ^ Theodore Evergates, The Aristocracy in the County of Champagne, 1100-1300, (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007), 254.
- ^ "Maude of Brabant (1224–1288)." Women in World History: A Biographical Encyclopedia. 2002. HighBeam Research. (October 14, 2012). http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G2-2591306344.html Archived 2016-03-08 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ a b M. A. Pollock, Scotland, England and France After the Loss of Normandy, 1204-1296, (The Boydell Press, 2015), 184.
Guy III, Count of Saint-PolDied: 1289
| Count of Saint Pol
Information as of: 14.07.2020 12:00:39 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.