Hugh I, Count of Blois
|jure uxoris Count of Blois|
|Died||9 April 1248|
|Spouse(s)||Agnes of Bar-le-Duc|
(m. 1216; died c. 1225)
Mary, Countess of Blois
(m. 1226; died 1241)
Mahaut of Guînes
|Father||Gaucher III of Châtillon|
|Mother||Elisabeth of Saint-Pol|
Hugh was son of Gaucher III of Châtillon and Elisabeth (1180–1212), daughter of Hugo IV, Count of Saint-Pol. He married Agnes of Bar-le-Duc, daughter of Thibaut I of Bar-le-Duc and Hermesend of Bar-sur-Seine, in 1216. By 1225, Agnes was dead and Hugh married Marie.
- John I (d. 1280), Count of Blois
- Guy III (d. 1289), Count of Saint Pol
- Gaucher IV (d. 1261), lord of Chatillon, Crécy and Crèvecœur. His son was: Gaucher V de Châtillon.
- Hugh (d. 1255)
- Basile (d. 1280), became Abbess of Notre Dame du Val in 1248
Through his marriage Hugh became the first Count of Blois from the House of Châtillon. It marked the end of the first dynasty of Blois that lasted over 400 years. After the death of Marie, Hugh married Mahaut, sister of Baldwin III, Count of Guînes.
In 1226 the Cisterian nunnery Pont-aux-Dames in Couilly was founded by Hugh. Later Hugh, with the assistance of Philip Mécringes, founded a Cistercian nunnery at Troissy called L'Amour-Dieu in 1232.
- ^ a b c d e Theodore Evergates, The Aristocracy in the County of Champagne, 1100-1300, (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007), 223.
- ^ a b c d Theodore Evergates, The Aristocracy in the County of Champagne, 1100-1300, 254.
- ^ a b c Anne E. Lester, Creating Cistercian Nuns: The Women's Religious Movement and Its Reform in Thirteenth Century Champagne, (Cornell University Press, 2011), 157-158.
Hugh I, Count of BloisBorn: after 1197 Died: 9 April 1248
| Count of Saint Pol
| Count of Blois
Information as of: 10.07.2020 11:04:23 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.