I'm So Paid
|"I'm So Paid"|
|Single by Akon featuring Lil Wayne and Jeezy|
|from the album Freedom|
|Released||October 4, 2008 (U.S.)|
|Genre||R&B, hip hop|
|Label||Konvict Muzik/Universal Motown|
|Songwriter(s)||A. Thiam, D. Carter, J. Jenkins, Noel Fisher, Peter Tindall|
|Producer(s)||Noel "Detail" Fisher, Akon|
|Akon singles chronology|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
|Jeezy singles chronology|
"I'm So Paid" is the second single from Akon's third studio album, Freedom. The track features additional vocals from Lil Wayne and Jeezy. The song was released as a digital download worldwide and a physical single in France only on October 4, 2008. Akon mentions Olympic Athlete Usain Bolt in his verse because the runner mentions that he listens to Akon's music. Fellow Olympian Michael Phelps is referenced in Jeezy's verse. The song is in the key of F# major.
A music video for the track was filmed in September 2008. Akon said that it would be a James Bond kind of video. The video features Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy, and was directed by Gil Green. DJ Khaled and T-Pain are featured as a cameo. Konvict Muzik artists Kardinal Offishall, Billy Blue, Tami Chynn, Bu Thiam, and Cash Money artist Lil Chuckee were also featured in a cameo. The video was released on October 30, 2008. Clothing brand Coogi underwrote the entire $1-million production cost for the video. The music video begins with Akon entering a yacht off a helicopter, giving the female dealer (Tami Chynn) a diamond in exchange for money. As Akon and another woman leave, the dealer discovers the jewelry gone, and asks her assistants to get them. Akon and the woman escape by boat and car. As Akon parked the car, he gave the money to the girl in exchange for the diamond. The girl later discovers that the money is fake.
- French CD single
- "I'm So Paid" (Feat. Lil Wayne & Young Jeezy) – 4:23
- "I'm So Paid" (Feat. Lil Wayne) (No Rap) – 3:22
|Brazilian Singles Chart (ABPD)||8|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||41|
|European Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||53|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||86|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||59|
|US Billboard Hot 100||31|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||47|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000*|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- ^ Akon (Feat. Lil Wayne & Young Jeezy) - Making Of "I'm So Paid" [Behind The Scenes]. Accessed October 23, 2008.
- ^ Akon (Feat. Young Jeezy & Lil Wayne) - I'm So Paid official video.
- ^ Chmielewski, Dawn C. (2008-12-23). "Labels, websites in video tussle - Los Angeles Times" . Latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- ^ "Brazil" (PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon – Chart Search" Billboard European Hot 100 Singles for Akon. (subscription required)
- ^ "Lescharts.com – Akon feat. Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy – I'm So Paid" (in French). Les classement single.
- ^ "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200927 into search.
- ^ "Swedishcharts.com – Akon feat. Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy – I'm So Paid" . Singles Top 100.
- ^ "Akon: Artist Chart History" . Official Charts Company.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Hot 100)" . Billboard.
- ^ "Akon Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)" . Billboard.
- ^ "American single certifications – Akon – I'm So Paid" . Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
Categories: 2008 singles | Akon songs | Lil Wayne songs | Songs written by Akon | Young Jeezy songs | Songs written by Lil Wayne | Music videos directed by Gil Green | Songs written by Detail (record producer) | Song recordings produced by Detail (record producer) | 2008 songs | Universal Motown Records singles
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm So Paid (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 19.11.2019 11:38:21 CET - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.