International Somalia Contact Group
This article needs to be updated. The reason given is: "Is this initiative still active? Did it ever lead to anything of consequence? GNews doesn't have a single entry containing this article's exact name".June 2020)(
The International Somalia Contact Group is an informal group of mainly western UN Ambassadors that was established at the United Nations headquarters in New York City in June 2006 to support "peace and reconciliation" in Somalia.
The original members of the group were:
- United States - at whose initiative the group formed
- Norway - which chaired the first meeting
- United Kingdom
- The European Union Presidency and Commission
Invited as observers were:
- The African Union
- The Intergovernmental Authority on Development
- The League of Arab States
- The United Nations
Notes and references
- ^ "U.S. to Hold International Meeting on Somalia" . Washington Post. 10 June 2006. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- ^ "Norway chairs the International Somalia Contact Group" . Norwegian Mission to the UN. 15 June 2006. Archived from the original on 7 September 2008. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- ^ "UN group backs Somalia government" . BBC. 15 June 2006. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International Somalia Contact Group (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 12.07.2020 04:46:26 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.