Jules Haime (28 March 1824, Tours – 28 September 1856, Paris) was a French geologist, paleontologist and zoologist known for his research of coral.
After studying medicine in Tours, he focused his energies towards natural history. Subsequently, he relocated to Paris, where he came under the influence of zoologist Henri Milne-Edwards. In 1855 he became a professor of natural history at the Lycée Napoléon in Paris. In January 1856 (several months prior to his death at age 32) he was named vice-president of the Société géologique de France.
He collaborated with Milne-Edwards on the following studies of coral:
- Recherches sur la structure, et la classification des polypiers : recents et fossiles, 1848-1849 - Research on the structure and classification of coral.
- A monograph of the British fossil corals, (published in English), 1850-1854.
- Histoire naturelle des coralliaires, ou polypes proprement dits, 1857-1860 - Natural history of coral, etc.
Other noteworthy efforts associated with Haime include:
- Description des animaux fossiles du groupe nummulitique de l'Inde, précédée d'un résumé géologique et d'une monographie des nummulites, 1853 (with Adolphe d'Archiac) - Description of fossil animals (nummulites) found in India.
- Description des bryozoaires fossiles de la formation jurassique, 1854 - Description of fossil bryozoans of the Jurassic era.
- Notice sur la géologie de l'ile Majorque, 1855 - Notes on the geology of Majorca.
Categories: 1824 births | 1856 deaths | People from Tours, France | French paleontologists | French geologists | French zoologists | Members of Société géologique de France | French scientist stubs
Information as of:
08.07.2021 12:15:43 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.