|Studio album by|
|Label||Akonik Label Group|
|Singles from Konnect|
Konnect is the upcoming sixth studio album by Senegalese-American singer Akon, expected to be released via Akonik Label Group. It was originally planned to be released on October 25, 2019, but was delayed to November 22, 2019, in favor of the release of his fifth album Akonda (which was originally meant to be released on October 18, 2019). Its release date was delayed again to December 13, 2019, but it was not released on that date.
Akon announced that he has founded his new independent record label Akonik Label Group, comprising four distinct labels Akonda (Afrobeats), Akonik (United States), Ke Lo Ke (Latin America) and Jamakon (Caribbean) as well as releasing four albums later in the year. He will start off by releasing a Latin album El Negreeto, an Afrobeats album Akonda, and a hip hop and R&B album Konnect. He will finish this off by releasing the collaborative album The Konnection in 2020, which will include guest artists such as Nicki Minaj, Pitbull and Ty Dolla Sign, among others.
The album's lead single "Benjamin" was released on August 15, 2019. It was written by Akon himself and Try Bishop, with the production handled by the latter. It samples The Beatles' 1969 song "Golden Slumbers".
The album's second single "Can't Say No" was released on September 13, 2019. It was produced by Composer and Mally Mall.
|2.||"Can't Say No"||2:36|
- "Benjamin" contains an interpolation of "Golden Slumbers", written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, as performed by The Beatles.
- "Can't Say No" contains elements of "No Letting Go", written by Von Wayne Charles and Steven "Lenky" Marsden, as performed by Wayne Wonder.
- ^ "Akon To Release Three New Albums In October: See The Dates" . HipHop-N-More. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- ^ "Akon Set To Release Three Albums This Fall" . Retrieved October 1, 2019 – via HotNewHipHop.com.
- ^ Diallo, Aziz Malick (November 27, 2019). "Akon assure qu'un collaboration est à venir avec Booba et... Gims" [Akon says a collaboration is coming up with Booba and... Gims]. Afrik (in French). Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- ^ "Akon, Motown Veteran Kedar Massenburg Launch Akonik Label Group" . Variety. June 6, 2019.
- ^ "Akon and Former Motown CEO Kedar Massenburg Launch Akonik Label Group" . www.billboard.com.
- ^ "Akon Talks 4 New Albums; Reveals Upcoming Collaborations & A "Top Secret" Project (Exclusive)" . October 2, 2019.
- ^ "Benjamin - Single by Akon" . Retrieved September 27, 2019 – via music.apple.com.
- ^ "Akon – Benjamin" – via genius.com.
- ^ "Can't Say No - Single by Akon" . Retrieved September 27, 2019 – via music.apple.com.
- ^ "Benjamin by Akon on TIDAL" . Tidal. Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- ^ "Can't Say No by Akon on TIDAL" . Tidal. Retrieved October 2, 2019.
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konnect (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 26.07.2020 03:35:15 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.