Lambda Eridani variable
A Lambda Eridani Variable is a class of Be stars that show small amplitude variations of a few hundredths of a magnitude. The variations are highly regular with periods between 0.5 and 2.0 days, and they were initially described as periodic Be stars. Lambda Eridani is an example and the prototype. This has been ascribed to non-radial pulsations, inhomogeneous rotating discs, or the rotation of the star itself.
These stars are rarely classified, or are classified incorrectly. The General Catalogue of Variable Stars does not have a type for λ Eridani variables, only GCAS for Gamma Cassiopeiae variables and BE for non-GCAS Be star variables. λ Eridani itself is incorrectly listed as a Beta Cephei variable. The AAVSO International Variable Star Index defines a LERI type of variability, with 16 stars included as λ Eri variables, five of them only suspected, and 13 combined with other types of variation.
- ^ Balona, L. A (1995). "Tests of the Pulsation and Starspot Models for the Periodic Be-Stars" . Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 277 (4): 1547–1554. Bibcode:1995MNRAS.277.1547B . doi:10.1093/mnras/277.4.1547 .
- ^ Jerzykiewicz, M.; Kopacki, G.; Pigulski, A.; Kołaczkowski, Z.; Kim, S.-L. (2011). "A CCD Search for Variable Stars of Spectral Type B in the Northern Hemisphere Open Clusters. VIII. NGC 6834". Acta Astronomica. 61 (3): 247–273. arXiv:1110.4064 . Bibcode:2011AcA....61..247J .
- ^ Carrier, F.; Burki, G.; Burnet, M. (2002). "Search for duplicity in periodic variable Be stars" . Astronomy and Astrophysics. 385 (2): 488. Bibcode:2002A&A...385..488C . doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20020174 .
- ^ Samus, N. N.; Durlevich, O. V.; et al. (2009). "VizieR Online Data Catalog: General Catalogue of Variable Stars (Samus+ 2007-2013)". VizieR On-line Data Catalog: B/GCVS. Originally Published in: 2009yCat....102025S. 1. Bibcode:2009yCat....102025S .
- ^ Otero, S. A.; Watson, C.; Wils, P. "Variable Star Type Designations in the VSX" . AAVSO Website. American Association of Variable Star Observers. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
Categories: Lambda Eridani variables | Star types
Information as of:
07.06.2021 10:46:21 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.