Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
|Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101|
|Studio album by|
|Released||July 26, 2005|
|Young Jeezy chronology|
|Singles from Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101|
Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 is the major label debut studio album by American rapper Young Jeezy. It was released on July 26, 2005, by his indie record label Corporate Thugz, under the distribution from Def Jam. On the UK's album release, it features the remixed version of "Go Crazy", featuring guest appearance from rapper Jay-Z.
The album debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200, selling 172,000 copies in the first week. On September 29, 2005, the album was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
In 2015, hip hop writer Brooklyn Russell declared the album "trap rap's apotheosis" while observing its impact: "Working with only a handful of Shawty Redd beats and his naturally raspy voice, Atlanta native Young Jeezy would lay down the blueprint for an entire region of rappers—virtually knocking big players like Lil Jon out of commission."
In the United States, Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 172,000 copies in the first week. On September 29, 2005, the album was certified 2x platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). In 2009, the album sold 2,000,000 copies in the United States.
|1.||"Thug Motivation 101"||Shawty Redd||3:14|
|2.||"Standing Ovation"||Drumma Boy||4:14|
|3.||"Gangsta Music"||Shawty Redd||4:02|
|4.||"Let's Get It / Sky's the Limit"||Midnight Black||3:42|
|5.||"And Then What" (featuring Mannie Fresh)||Mannie Fresh||4:05|
|6.||"Go Crazy"||Don Cannon||4:13|
|7.||"Last of a Dying Breed" (featuring Trick Daddy, Young Buck and Lil' Will)||3:56|
|8.||"My Hood"||Lil' C||4:00|
|9.||"Bottom of the Map"||Shawty Redd||4:21|
|10.||"Get Ya Mind Right"||Shawty Redd||3:41|
|11.||"Trap Star"||Mr. Collipark||3:52|
|12.||"Bang" (featuring T.I. and Lil Scrappy)||Jazze Pha||4:28|
|13.||"Don't Get Caught"||J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League||4:17|
|14.||"Soul Survivor" (featuring Akon)||Akon||4:40|
|15.||"Trap or Die" (featuring Bun B)||Shawty Redd||4:00|
|16.||"Tear It Up" (featuring Lloyd and Slick Pulla)||Midnight Black||4:29|
|17.||"That's How Ya Feel"||Shawty Redd||4:03|
|18.||"Talk to 'Em"||Nitti||4:23|
|19.||"Air Forces"||Shawty Redd||4:01|
- Sample credits
- "Go Crazy" contains a sample of "(Man, Oh Man) I Want to Go Back" performed by Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions.
- "My Hood" contains a interpolation of "Rubberband Man" performed by T.I.
- "Talk to 'Em" contains a sample of "I Need You" performed by Frankie Beverly & Maze.
|US Billboard 200||2|
|US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard)||1|
|US Top Rap Albums (Billboard)||1|
- ^ Houston Williams (2005-08-03). "Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" . AllHipHop. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ Andy Kellman. "Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 - Young Jeezy" Archived 2016-09-25 at the Wayback Machine. Allmusic. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ Ryan Dombal (2005-08-05). "Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 Review" Archived 2009-04-21 at the Wayback Machine. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- ^ Sean Fennessey (2005-08-14). "Young Jeezy: Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" Archived 2012-11-30 at the Wayback Machine. Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ Tom Neven; Bob Smithouser. "Young Jeezy: Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" . Plugged In. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ Rafael Martinez (2005-08-23). "Album Review: Young Jeezy - Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" Archived 2016-01-14 at the Wayback Machine. Prefix Magazine. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ Steve "Flash" Juon (2005-08-02). "Young Jeezy :: Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 :: Def Jam" Archived 2007-07-06 at the Wayback Machine. RapReviews. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- ^ Robert Christgau. "CG: Young Jeezy" Archived 2015-12-22 at the Wayback Machine. RobertChristgau.com. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ Hoard, Christian (2005-07-08). "Young Jeezy: Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 : Music Reviews" . Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2008-12-27.
- ^ Usman Sajjad (2005-07-26). "Young Jeezy - Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" Archived November 22, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. The Situation. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- ^ "Review: Migos' 'Yung Rich Nation'" . Archived from the original on 23 April 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- ^ "25 Rap Albums From the Past Decade That Deserve Classic StatusYoung Jeezy, Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 (2005)" . Complex. Archived from the original on 31 July 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- ^ "XXL Scans: Def Jam's Entire Discography & Record Sales - HipHop-N-More" . 18 October 2009. Archived from the original on 3 September 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
Categories: 2005 debut albums | Albums produced by Drumma Boy | Albums produced by Jazze Pha | Albums produced by Mr. Collipark | Albums produced by Mannie Fresh | Albums produced by Shawty Redd | Def Jam Recordings albums | Jeezy albums | Albums produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League | Albums produced by Don Cannon | Albums produced by Lil' C (record producer)
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 28.10.2019 08:00:02 CET - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.