Liotella is a genus of minute sea snails or micromolluscs, marine gastropod molluscs in the family Skeneidae.
The shells lack a thickened peristome. The shell is depressed. In some species the shell is coiled nearly into one plane, in others it is somewhat more elevated. The whorls are loosely coiled. The operculum is multispiral with a central nucleus. The sculpture shows strong transverse ribs. The spiral sculpture consists of fine lirae between the ribs or is sometimes almost or entirely obsolete.
Species within the genus Liotella include:
- Liotella annulata (Tenison Woods, 1874)
- Liotella anxia (Hedley, 1909)
- Liotella aupouria Powell, 1937
- Liotella cancellata (Krauss, 1848)
- Liotella capitata (Hedley, 1907)
- Liotella compacta (Petterd, 1884)
- Liotella corona (Hedley, 1902)
- Liotella crassicostata (Strebel, 1908)
- Liotella elegans Laseron, 1958
- Liotella elegans darwinensis
- Liotella endeavourensis Dell, 1990
- Liotella indigens Finlay, 1927
- Liotella johnstoni (Beddome, 1883)
- Liotella kilcundae (Gatliff & Gabriel, 1914)
- Liotella mackenae Dell, 1956
- Liotella petalifera (Hedley & May, 1908)
- Liotella polypleura (Hedley, 1904)
- Liotella pulcherrima (Henn & Brazier, 1894)
- Liotella rotula (Suter, 1908)
- Liotella vercoi (Gatliff & Gabriel, 1914)
- Species brought into synonymy
- Liotella coatsiana Melvill & Standen, 1912: synonym of Lodderia coatsiana (Melvill & Standen, 1912)
- Liotella gravicosta Laseron, 1954: synonym of Liotella petalifera (Hedley & May, 1908) 
- Liotella kirai Habe, 1961: synonym of Munditiella kirai (Habe, 1961)
- Liotella littoralis Laseron, 1954: synonym of Liotella johnstoni (Beddome, 1883) 
- Liotella parvirota Laseron, 1954: synonym of Liotella kilcundae (Gatliff & Gabriel, 1914) 
- Liotella patonga Laseron, 1954: synonym of Liotella annulata (Tenison Woods, 1874) 
- Liotella princeps Laseron, 1954: synonym of Liotella johnstoni (Beddome, 1883) 
Categories: Liotella | Skeneidae | Gastropod genera
Information as of:
20.06.2021 04:14:28 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.