List of web directories
A Web directory is a listing of Websites organized in a hierarchy or interconnected list of categories.
The following is a list of notable Web directory services.
- DOAJ.org – Directory of Open Access Journals
- DMOZ (also known as Open Directory Project) – was at one point the largest directory of the Web. Its open content was mirrored at many sites. Offline since March 2017. Continued since August 2018 as Curlie.org.
- Jasmine Directory - Lists websites by topic and by region.
- Sources – general subject web portal for journalists, freelance writers, editors, authors and researchers; in addition to a search engine it includes a subject-based directory.
- Starting Point Directory – Founded in 1995, relaunched in 2006, charges a fee.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library (VLIB) – oldest directory of the Web.
Categories: Web directories | Internet-related lists | Social software | Lists of websites
Information as of:
11.06.2021 02:43:30 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.