Mama Africa (song)
|Single by Akon|
|from the album Konvicted|
|Released||May 15, 2007 (U.S.)|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Songwriter(s)||Thiam, Abdulsamad, Browne, Dixon, Dwyer, Elton, Gowdy, Otto, Richards|
|Akon singles chronology|
"Mama Africa" is the fourth single from Akon's second studio album, Konvicted. This song was originally on reggae singer Peter Tosh's 1983 album "Mama Africa." Later the song was remade by Hakim Abdulsamad, frontman of R&B 1980s band The Boys. The single was released to radio stations on May 15, 2007, before being officially released in the United Kingdom on July 30, 2007. The official remix of the track features 50 Cent. The lyrics are written as a homage to Akon's ancestral homeland, Africa. The song peaked at #47 on the UK Singles Chart, his second to do so, the first being "Pot of Gold". The track was B-listed upon its first airplay on BBC Radio 1. The single's artwork was designed by Chris Jarvis. A video for the song was filmed in October 2006, however, due to licensing issues, was not released. The video was later leaked to the internet in February 2009.
- UK CD single
- "Mama Africa" - 4:25
- "Kill The Dance (Got Something For Ya)" (Feat. Kardinal Offishall) - 2:58
- European CD single
- "Mama Africa" - 4:25
- "Mama Africa" (Instrumental) - 4:25
- "Don't Matter" (Calypso Remix) - 5:38
- "Don't Matter" (Calypso Instrumental) - 5:38
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||47|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||5|
|US Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles (Billboard)||8|
- ^ "Akon UK Chart Positions" . zobbel.de. Retrieved 2007-08-05.
- ^ Video information for "Mama Africa" from Video Static Archived 2009-06-02 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Mama Africa" video information from Music Video Base .
- ^ http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2391538
- ^ "Akon: Artist Chart History" . Official Charts Company.
- ^ "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40" . Official Charts Company.
- ^ "Mama Africa" . Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles. Billboard. June 23, 2007.[dead link]
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mama Africa (song) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 18.06.2020 10:34:27 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.