Master of Fogdö
The Master of Fogdö (Swedish: Fogdömästaren) is the name given to an anonymous artist active in Sweden in the first half of the 15th century when he and his workshop decorated churches with frescoes of high artistic quality. His work can be seen in Fogdö Church (hence the name), Runtuna Church and Strängnäs Cathedral, all in Södermanland.
It has been suggested that the Master of Fogdö may also be responsible for the frescoes in the Danish churches of Undløse and Nødebo near Holbæk. The artist behind these is known as the Union Master (Danish: Unionsmesteren) but while there are similarities, especially in the figures, there are also differences making identification uncertain and calling for further research. The Master's style is thought to be closely related to that of the Schöne Stil.
- ^ "Kalkmålning: Södermanland, Fogdö" , Medeltidens bildvärld. (in Swedish) Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- ^ "Fogdö" . Nationalencyklopedin. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- ^ "Master of Fogdö" . The Concise Grove Dictionary of Art. Oxford 2002. Archived from the original on 8 February 2005. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- Hourihane, C. (2012). The Grove Encyclopedia of Medieval Art and Architecture . OUP USA. p. 541. ISBN 978-0-19-539536-5.
- Sveriges kyrkor, konsthistoriskt inventarium...(et al.) . Generalstabens litografiska anstalts. 1982. p. 133.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link) (subscription required)
- Lindgren, M. (1987). A history of Swedish art . Signum. p. 80. ISBN 978-91-85330-78-2.
A long way away from these Sodermanland churches, in Skane and on Zealand in Denmark, there are very similar suites of paintings, and for this reason the author has been dubbed the "Union Master". He ought, however, to be regarded ...CS1 maint: ref=harv (link) (subscription required)
Information as of: 08.07.2020 03:15:03 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.