Mount Woodward ( ) is a mountain, 770 m, standing 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of the mouth of Antarctic Bay on the north coast of South Georgia. Surveyed by the SGS in the period 1951–57, and named by the United Kingdom Antarctic Place-Names Committee (UK-APC) for Roswall Woodward, of New Haven, Connecticut, who in 1790 commanded one of the first two American sealing vessels to visit South Georgia. Nearby Antarctic Bay was at one time known as "Woodward Harbour", but this name did not survive.
This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document: "Mount Woodward" . (content from the Geographic Names Information System)
Categories: Mountains and hills of South Georgia | South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands geography stubs
Information as of:
07.06.2021 10:30:05 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.