Old Baker County Courthouse
|Architect||Edward Columbus Hosford|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|NRHP reference No.||86001729 |
|Added to NRHP||August 21, 1986|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Old Baker County Courthouse.|
The Old Baker County Courthouse built in 1908, is an historic building located at 14 McIver Avenue West in Macclenny, Florida. It was designed by Edward Columbus Hosford of Eastman, Georgia. In 1986 it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
It was deemed "significant for its architecture and its association with architect Edward C. Hosford, who was responsible for designing a number of county courthouses in both Florida and Georgia during the 1906-1910 period. Built in the 'up-to-date' eclectic Colonial Revival style, the structure represented the pride of the county's citizens in the evolution of the local economy from subsistence farms to one based on commercial exploitation of agriculture."
Categories: Buildings and structures in Baker County, Florida | County courthouses in Florida | Courthouses on the National Register of Historic Places in Florida | Edward Columbus Hosford buildings | Neoclassical architecture in Florida | Clock towers in the United States | 1908 establishments in Florida | National Register of Historic Places in Baker County, Florida | Libraries in Florida | Government buildings completed in 1908 | First Coast Region, Florida Registered Historic Place stubs