One Day (Matisyahu song)
|Single by Matisyahu|
|from the album Light|
|Released||April 29, 2008|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Genre||Reggae fusion, hip hop|
|Length||3:27 (Album Version)|
3:40 (Pop Edit feat. Akon)
3:28 (World Cup Edit feat. Nameless)
|Label||Epic, JDub Records, Or Music|
|Songwriter(s)||Bruno Mars, Ari Levine, Matthew Miller and Philip Lawrence|
|Producer(s)||David Kahne, Eric Krasno & Adam Deitch, Prince Ben, Stephen McGregor (Son of Freddie), Fish and Norwood from Fishbone, and Sly & Robbie.|
|Matisyahu singles chronology|
"One Day" is a song written and performed by American reggae singer Matisyahu, first released in 2008, his first single since Jerusalem (Out of the Darkness Comes Light). The song was also included as a last-minute addition to Matisyahu's album Light. The song expresses a hope for an end to violence, and a prayer for a new era of peace and understanding. It appeared on the Modern Rock Chart at number 21 and at number 38 on the US Rock Chart; also in March 2009 it debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 90 and reached number 85.
In an interview with Spinner, Matisyahu told them: "'One Day' is the song I've been wanting to make since I started my career. It is an anthem of hope with a big beat, the kind of song that makes you bob your head and open your heart at the same time." The song was sung at a vigil for the victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting in the Jewish community of Squirrel Hill.
There is a version of the song featured on Listen Up! The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Album, featuring Nameless.
Uses in other media
This section needs additional citations for verification.March 2018) ()(
- The song was sung by group Emblem3 on The XFactor USA, October 31, 2012, a cover version also featured on their album Nothing to Lose in 2013.
- The song was used extensively as the theme song for NBC's Countdown to the 2010 Winter Olympics campaign.
- The song was used at the end of the first trailer of the film Waiting for "Superman"
- The song was used briefly in Tom Brokaw's Bridging the Divide.
- On June 4, 2011, Palestinian mixed martial artist Ramsey Nijem used the song as his entrance music for his fight against Tony Ferguson in keeping with the song's universal message of peace and understanding.
- The song was included in NBA 2K10.
- The song plays when Annie arrives in Israel in the third season of Covert Affairs.
- The song was used for Life Vest Inside's Kindness Boomerang, a short film featuring good works and kindness.
- The song was used by SportTV on its coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- The Maccabeats made an acapella cover of the song in 2010.
- In the second season of The Voice of the Philippines, reggae singer Kokoi Baldo sang his own rendition of the song and all four coaches turned for him; he chose Sarah Geronimo.
- In the first season of Asia's Got Talent, Filipino shadow play group El Gamma Penumbra used this song for their semifinals performance.
- The song was also used in the IMax movie Dream Big.
- On February 14, 2018, the Israeli group Koolulam sponsored a mass singing event in Haifa, Israel, featuring One Day sung in English, Hebrew, and Arabic.
The music video shows a number of people hanging posters of Matisyahu on the street. On the posters, we see him in live action, performing the song.
|Israel (Media Forest)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||85|
|US Billboard Alternative Songs||21|
|US Billboard Pop Songs||35|
|US Billboard Rock Songs||38|
|Japan Hot 100||37|
- ^ Matisyahu talks about his new single "One day" |made at spinner.com on 2009-05-27 Retrieved 2010-01-15
- ^ People sing One Day at the vigil
- ^ One Day Songfacts
- ^ Film's official site with the trailer
- ^ Tom Brokaw Presents: Bridging the Divide (2010) on IMDb
- ^ "Kindness Boomerang" . YouTube/ Life Vest Inside. Dec 24, 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- ^ "Infected Mashroom and Matisyahu – One Day Media Forest ". Israeli Airplay Chart. Media Forest.
- ^ "Matisyahu Chart History (Hot 100)" . Billboard.
Categories: 2008 singles | Matisyahu songs | Songs written by Bruno Mars | 2008 songs | Songs written by Ari Levine | Songs written by Philip Lawrence (songwriter) | Epic Records singles | Song recordings produced by David Kahne | Number-one singles in Israel
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One Day (Matisyahu song) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 02.12.2019 12:19:24 CET - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.