Qu Bo (footballer)
|Full name||Qu Bo[曲波]|
|Date of birth||15 July 1981|
|Place of birth||Tianjin, China|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Striker / Winger|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 October 2016|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 November 2014
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Career statistics
- 4 Honours
- 5 Personal life
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Qu Bo started his football career playing for Tianjin Locomotive's youth team where he was spotted by and then transferred to top tier side Qingdao in 2000. He would quickly establish himself as an exciting young player and go on to play in seventeen league games while scoring eight goals, which would be enough to personally win the Chinese Football Association Young Player of the Year award at the end of the 2000 league season. Qu would continue to be a vital member of the team and after playing in the 2002 FIFA World Cup where he would draw considerable interest from Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur where he had a month-long stint with them before leaving due to the lack of a work permit. On his return to Qingdao, he would show his importance to the team by helping the team win the club's first ever Chinese FA Cup at the end of the 2002 league season.
On 22 February 2010, after spending ten years at Qingdao, Qu transferred to top tier side Shaanxi Chanba. He soon made his debut for the club in a league game against Dalian Shide on 28 March 2010 in a 1-1 draw. After waiting several months, he would eventually score his first goal for the club on 14 July 2010 in a 2-1 win against Shanghai Shenhua. At the beginning of the 2012 season, Qu followed the club when it decided to move to Guizhou and rename themselves Guizhou Renhe.
On 3 June 2014, Qu transferred to China League One side Qingdao Hainiu. He made his debut for the club on 19 July 2014 in a 4-1 loss to Shijiazhuang Yongchang and scored his first goal for the club on 27 July 2014 in a 2-1 win against Chengdu Tiancheng.
Qu's lightning pace first caught the eye of many at the 2000 AFC Youth Championship where he scored four goals for his country. After playing in the 2001 FIFA World Youth Championship, he would quickly catch the attention of Bora Milutinovic who included him into the 2002 FIFA World Cup squad where he preferred to place Qu at the wing so he can get the best out of the young prospect's pace. Since his initial rise to the national team, Qu has had difficulty in retaining his position as a consistent member of the team. He was not selected for the 2004 AFC Asian Cup squad and was forced out with injury in the 2007 AFC Asian Cup squad. He was however brought back to the national team for several qualifying games and worked his way back into the side.
- Results list China's goal tally first.
- Chinese FA Cup: 2002
- Chinese Football Association Young Player of the Year: 2000
- Chinese Super League Team of the Year: 2009
- ^ "Qǔ, Bǔ" . National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "Qu Bo blow for Spurs" . bbc.co.uk. 29 August 2002. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "China 2002" . rsssf.com. 30 March 2003. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "国脚曲波正式加盟陕西队 450万转会费成准标王" . sports.sohu.com. 22 February 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "Guizhou Renhe vs. Dalian Shide 1–1" . soccerway.com. 28 March 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "Guizhou Renhe vs. Shanghai Shenhua 2–1" . soccerway.com. 14 July 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "Only in the CSL: Shaanxi Chanba Moving to Guizhou in 2012" . wildeastfootball.net. 6 December 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- ^ "贵州人和官方宣布曲波转会中甲青岛海牛" . sina.com. 3 June 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- ^ "曲波回应质疑：行不行球场见 盼起到传帮带作用" . sports.sina.com. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- ^ "前国脚曲波正式宣布退役 足坛再无"追风少年"" . Sohu. 2 March 2017. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- ^ a b "BBC World Cup profile" . bbc.co.uk. 9 April 2002. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "AFC Asia Qualifying 2010" . football-lineups.com. 26 March 2008. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- ^ "足协杯-人和总分3-2恒大队史首夺冠 恒大三冠梦碎" . Sports.sina.com.cn. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- ^ 嵇玲 (1 October 2017). 昔日追风少年青岛大婚 曲波：结婚比踢球紧张 (in Chinese).
- ^ 曲波妻子生下男婴 喜得贵子取小名叫卡卡 . 163.com (in Chinese). 1 October 2017.
- chinasuperleague.com 2002 China Team Player Profile at Sinosoc website
- Qu Bo – FIFA competition record
- news.bbc.co.uk 2002 World Cup Player Profile at BBC website
- Qu Bo at National-Football-Teams.com
- football-lineups.com Player stats at football-lineups website
Categories: 1981 births | Living people | Chinese footballers | Footballers from Tianjin | China international footballers | 2002 FIFA World Cup players | 2011 AFC Asian Cup players | Qingdao Jonoon F.C. players | Beijing Renhe F.C. players | Qingdao Huanghai F.C. players | Tianjin Teda F.C. players | Chinese Super League players | China League One players | Association football forwards | Association football wingers | Footballers at the 2002 Asian Games | Asian Games competitors for China
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qu Bo (footballer) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 09.04.2020 06:07:26 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.