Raúl Rodríguez (footballer)
Rodríguez playing for Catalonia in 2013
|Full name||Raúl Rodríguez Navarro|
|Date of birth||22 September 1987|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 October 2019|
He played 92 matches for Espanyol, and subsequently competed in the United States, China and Kuwait.
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Club statistics
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Rodríguez made his professional debuts with UDA Gramenet, going on to play three full Segunda División B seasons with the team. In summer 2010 he signed for neighbouring RCD Espanyol, being initially assigned to their reserves.
After the club sold Víctor Ruiz in the 2011 January transfer window, and Juan Forlín suffered a serious injury, Rodríguez was propelled to the first team by manager Mauricio Pochettino. On 27 November 2010 he made his La Liga debut, coming on as a substitute for Dani Osvaldo in the last minute of a 3–2 away win against Atlético Madrid, and finished his first professional season with ten appearances, including eight starts.
On 9 January 2015, Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer announced they had signed Rodríguez. He made his debut for his new club on 8 March, being replaced in injury time of a 1–0 home win over the Columbus Crew. His first goal came on 25 April, in a 4–4 draw against Sporting Kansas City.
After leaving the United States, Rodríguez played for China League One pair Shanghai Shenxin F.C. and Meizhou Meixian Techand F.C. before signing for Al-Arabi SC of the Kuwaiti Premier League in 2019. He was signed for all three clubs by compatriot manager Juan Ignacio Martínez.
Rodríguez was never capped by Spain at any level. He played one match for the Catalonia representative side on 30 December 2011, a goalless draw with Tunisia at his club ground the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, as a half-time substitute for Gerard Piqué.
- As of match played on 31 March 2018
|Gramenet||2007–08||Segunda División B||28||0||0||0||—||28||0|
|2008–09||Segunda División B||23||1||0||0||—||23||1|
|2009–10||Segunda División B||32||2||1||0||—||33||2|
|Houston Dynamo||2015||Major League Soccer||27||2||1||0||—||28||2|
|2016||Major League Soccer||25||1||2||1||—||27||2|
|Shanghai Shenxin||2017||China League One||28||3||6||0||—||34||3|
|Meizhou Techand||2018||China League One||3||0||0||0||—||3||0|
- ^ "Atlético Madrid 2–3 Espanyol" . ESPN Soccernet. 27 November 2010. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- ^ "Raúl Rodríguez, al primer equip" [Raúl Rodríguez, to the first team] (in Catalan). RCD Espanyol. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- ^ "Raúl Rodríguez, fins al 2015" [Raúl Rodríguez, until 2015] (PDF) (in Catalan). RCD Espanyol. 19 June 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- ^ Cordovilla, Anna (8 January 2015). "Raúl Rodríguez rescinde su contrato con el Espanyol" [Raúl Rodríguez rescinds his contract with Espanyol]. Mundo Deportivo (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- ^ "Houston Dynamo expect signing of La Liga center back Raul Rodriguez to address backline weaknesses" . Major League Soccer. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- ^ "Match recap: Houston Dynamo 1, Columbus Crew SC 0" . Houston Dynamo. 8 March 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- ^ Lovell, Darrell (25 April 2015). "Match recap: Houston Dynamo 4, Sporting KC 4" . Houston Dynamo. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- ^ Manchón, Martín (14 August 2019). "Raúl Rodríguez, el hombre de confianza de JIM" [Raúl Rodríguez, JIM's sidekick] (in Spanish). Migrantes del Balón. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- ^ Ruiz, David (30 December 2011). "Catalunya empata con Túnez en el tradicional amistoso navideño" [Catalonia draw with Tunisia in traditional Christmas-time friendly]. La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- ^ a b c d e f g h "Raúl Rodríguez: Raúl Rodríguez Navarro" . BDFutbol. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- ^ a b "Raúl Rodríguez" . Soccerway. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- ^ a b "Raúl Rodríguez" . Soda Soccer. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Raúl Rodríguez at BDFutbol
Categories: 1987 births | Living people | Footballers from Barcelona | Spanish footballers | Catalan footballers | Association football defenders | La Liga players | Segunda División B players | Tercera División players | UE Vilassar de Mar players | UDA Gramenet footballers | RCD Espanyol B footballers | RCD Espanyol footballers | Major League Soccer players | Houston Dynamo players | China League One players | Shanghai Shenxin F.C. players | Guangdong South China Tiger F.C. players | Al-Arabi SC (Kuwait) players | Catalonia international footballers | Spanish expatriate footballers | Expatriate soccer players in the United States | Expatriate footballers in China | Expatriate footballers in Kuwait | Spanish expatriate sportspeople in the United States | Spanish expatriate sportspeople in China | Spanish expatriate sportspeople in Kuwait
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raúl Rodríguez (footballer) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 14.05.2020 04:15:06 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.