Saint Gregory of Nyssa Church, Trabzon
Saint Gregory of Nyssa was a church and monastery of Trabzon. It's believed the church was built around 1280-1297 by the wife of John III, Emperor of Trabzon. After 1665, St Gregory became the cathedral of the city of Trabzon. The church is dedicated to Saint Gregory of Nyssa (c. 330-395), a Christian bishop and saint. Nyssa (current day Nevşehir) is a city located in Cappadocia. In 1863 the Metropolitan Constantius of Trabzon rebuilt the church.
In 1930 the church was dynamited to make way for the City Club.
- ^ A. Bryer and D. Winfield, The Byzantine Monuments and Topography of the Pontos, pp.226-8
Categories: Byzantine architecture in Trabzon | Byzantine church buildings in Turkey | Empire of Trebizond | 13th-century Eastern Orthodox church buildings | Destroyed churches in Turkey | Byzantine Empire stubs | Turkish religious building and structure stubs | European church stubs | Asian church stubs
Information as of:
26.06.2020 08:53:25 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.