(Redirected from Sanctuary_Point,_New_South_Wales)
Sanctuary Point is a town in New South Wales, Australia, under the jurisdiction of the City of Shoalhaven, on the shores of St Georges Basin. It is roughly 25 km south of Nowra, and approximately 200 km south of Sydney. At the 2016 census, the population of Sanctuary Point was 7,225.
Originally known as Redhead Point, Sanctuary Point was officially named on 24 December 1969.
Bay and Basin Community Resources is an incorporated community based, non-profit non-government organisation based at Sanctuary Point.
The organisation was established in 1990 to implement community services in the local area and is a major provider of community services in the Shoalhaven region.
Aged care services provided by the organisation include the Bay and Basin Respite Day Care Service, Shoalhaven Neighbour Aid, Carers Support Group, Shoalhaven Dementia Respite Service and the Bay And Basin Community Resources Aged Care Centre. In 2001 more than 30 full-time and casual staff were employed, with over 70 volunteers.
The organisation was active in campaigning for the construction of the Bay and Basin Leisure Centre, which was opened in September 2001. The organisation also sought and received funding from the Commonwealth Government for the erection of a sculpture outside the centre, as well as contributing to the sculpture design.
As an active community organisation it holds community events to draw attention to social issues in the community such as raising awareness of child abuse.
In August 2001, after the Sydney Olympics the organisation was awarded an ex-Olympic minibus to be used in providing transport for the region's elderly, frail, aged and disabled residents. State Member for the South Coast, Wayne Smith said at the time "The Bay and Basin Community Resource Centre is a leading provider of aged and respite care in the region, assisting the frail, aged, older people, disadvantaged young people, people with a disability, people with dementia and their carers,"
In July 2006 the Bay and Basin Community Resources gained a permanent community radio broadcast licence for Bay and Basin FM, and has since engaged in an active outside broadcast program at local social and sporting events.
- ^ a b Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Sanctuary Point (state suburb)" . 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- ^ "Sanctuary Point" . Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- ^ "Sanctuary Point" . OpenStreetMap. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- ^ About Us , Bay and Basin Community Resources Website. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ Mr Wayne Smith, Bay And Basin Community Resources Aged Care Centre , NSW Hansard, private member statement on 19 September 2001. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ What a whale of a sculpture , South Coast Register, 23 July 2001. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ Damian McGill, Pooling of resources , South Coast Register, 5 September 2001. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ Funds used to care for kids , South Coast Register, 23 July 2008. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ Glenn Ellard, Olympic bus will be driving force for Bay , South Coast Register, 10 August 2001. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ What's happening at Bay & Basin FM , Bay and Basin Community Resources Website. Accessed 10 September 2008
- ^ Completed Outside Broadcasts for the last 12 months , Bay and Basin Community Resources Website. Accessed 10 September 2008
Categories: Towns in New South Wales | Towns in the South Coast (New South Wales) | City of Shoalhaven
Information as of:
03.06.2021 02:50:18 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.