Sidney James (footballer)
|Full name||Sidney James|
|Date of birth||1891|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Date of death||9 April 1917 (aged 26)|
|Place of death||Saint-Martin-sur-Cojeul, France|
|Playing position(s)||Centre forward, left half|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
James served in The Duke of Wellington's (West Riding) Regiment and the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry during the First World War and held the rank of acting lance corporal. He was killed on 9 April 1917 during the capture of the village of Saint-Martin-sur-Cojeul. He was buried in Cojeul British Cemetery, Saint-Martin-sur-Cojeul.
|Huddersfield Town||1913–14||Second Division||9||2||2||0||11||2|
- ^ a b Joyce, Michael (16 October 2012). Football League Players' Records 1888–1939 (3rd Revised ed.). Tony Brown. p. 152. ISBN 9781905891610.
- ^ a b c "Casualty Details" . Commonwealth War Graves Commission. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- ^ a b "Sidney James | Service Record" . Football and the First World War. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- ^ Thomas, Ian; Thomas, Owen; Hodgson, Alan; Ward, John (18 October 2007). 99 Years and Counting: Stats and Stories. Huddersfield: Huddersfield Town Football Club. ISBN 9780955728105.
- ^ "Huddersfield Town Squad 1914/15" . Football and the First World War. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
Categories: 1891 births | 1917 deaths | Association football forwards | British military personnel killed in World War I | English footballers | Huddersfield Town A.F.C. players | Footballers from Sheffield | English Football League players | Association football wing halves | British Army personnel of World War I | Duke of Wellington's Regiment soldiers | King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry soldiers | English football forward, 1890s birth stubs
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney James (footballer) (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 13.05.2020 10:18:41 CEST - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.