Syringogaster is a genus of small (4 to 6 mm) ant-mimicking flies with a petiolate abdomen, a long prothorax, a swollen and spiny hind femur, and reduced head size and large eyes. There are 20 described extant species and two species known from Miocene amber from the Dominican Republic. It is the only genus in the family Syringogastridae.
- S. amazonensis Prado, 1969
- S. apiculata Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. atricalyx Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. brachypecta Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. brunnea Cresson, 1912:
- S. brunneina Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. carioca Prado, 1969
- S. craigi Grimaldi, 2009 (Fossil species)
- S. cressoni Prado, 1969
- S. dactylopleura Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. figurata Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. lanei Prado, 1969
- S. lopesi Prado, 1969
- S. miocenecus Grimaldi, 2009 (Fossil species)
- S. nigrithorax Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. palenque Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. papaveroi Prado, 1969
- S. plesioterga Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. rufa Cresson, 1912
- S. sharkeyi Marshall & Buck, 2009
- S. subnearctica Feijen,1989
- S. tenuipes Marshall & Buck, 2009
- ^ a b c S.A. Marshall, M. Buck, J.H. Skevington & D. Grimaldi (2007). "A revision of the family Syringogastridae (Diptera: Diopsoidea)" (PDF). Zootaxa. Auckland, New Zealand: Magnolia Press. 1996: 1–80.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- ^ Cresson, E. T. Jr. 1912. Descriptions of several new neotropical acalyptrate Diptera. Entomol. News. 23:389-396..
- ^ Prado, A. P. do. 1969. Syringogastridae, uma nova familia de dipteros Acalyptratae, com a descricao de seis especies novas do genero Syringogaster Cresson. Studia Ent. (n.s.) 12:1-32.
- Syringogaster at EOL image
Information as of: 16.07.2020 07:10:48 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.