(Redirected from UTC+8)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)
UTC+08:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +08:00. In ISO 8601 the associated time would be written as 2019-02-07T23:28:34+08:00.
With an estimated population of 1.708 billion living within the time zone, roughly 24% of the world population, it is the most populous time zone in the world, as well as a possible candidate for ASEAN Common Time.
This time zone is used in all predominantly Chinese-speaking regions, giving international Chinese websites and TV channels the same time.
The southern half of Vietnam (Republic of Vietnam) was formerly part of this time zone prior to the national reunification on 30 April 1975, making it one hour ahead of North Vietnam. After 1975, the whole country came under the North Vietnamese time zone, UTC+07:00.
In Indonesia, it is known as Central Indonesian Time (Indonesian: Waktu Indonesia Tengah / WITA) while in Western Australia, it is known as Western Australia Standard Time.
As standard time (all year round)
Principal cities: Fremantle, Banjarmasin, Shah Alam, Ganinyi, Karratha, Kununoppin, Merredin, Bitung, Yorkrakine, Gillarong, Takalarup, Alor Setar, Condingup, Port Walcott, Bondini, Ipoh, Bobieding, Balikpapan, Mandurah, Geraldton, Takalarup, Joondalup, Busselton, Kalgoorlie, Palu, Tomohon, Seremban, Tarakan, Wuhan, Gorontalo, Kuching, Nanjing, Baubau, Dipolog, Sibu, Bima, Puerto Galera, Shanghai, Makassar, Ubud, Kendari, Manado, Kupang, Denpasar, Semarapura, Singaraja, Mandaue, Kaohsiung, Taipei, Miri, Kota Kinabalu, Quindalup, Hong Kong, Mataram, Bandar Seri Begawan, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Manila, Mamuju, Quezon City, Perth, Poso, Taguig, Johor Bahru, Tawau, Hangzhou, Bontang, Tanjung Selor, Samarinda, Puerto Princesa, Sanya, George Town, Tung Chung, Changsha, Harbin, Guangzhou, Irkutsk
Discrepancies between official UTC+08:00 and geographical UTC+08:00
This section is only partly updated for longitudes using other time zones. This concerns areas within 112°30′ E to 127°30′ E longitude.
- Parts of Russia, including very easternmost parts of Krasnoyarsk Krai, where UTC+07:00 is used, and Zabaykalsky Krai and most of western Sakha Republic where UTC+09:00 is used.
- Parts of Indonesia, including eastern East Java with its capital city Surabaya, most of Central Kalimantan with its capital city Palangka Raya, and eastern part of West Kalimantan, where UTC+07:00 is used, and some of the western islands in the province of Maluku and North Maluku where UTC+09:00 is used.
- East Timor, where UTC+09:00 is used.
- Parts of Okinawa Prefecture, Japan, including Sakishima Islands with its westernmost point Yonaguni, western parts of Kerama Islands, and some islands of the western Okinawa Islands, where UTC+09:00 is used.
- The western parts of Korea, including the North Korean capital city, Pyongyang and South Korean capital city, Seoul, where UTC+09:00 is used.
Areas located outside UTC+08:00 longitudes using UTC+08:00 time
Areas between 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E ("physical" UTC+09:00)
Areas between 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07:00)
From south to north:
- Many parts of central China including:
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar.
- In Russia, most of:
Areas between 82°30′ E and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06:00)
- Parts of China
- Western Mongolia.
Areas between 67°30′ E and 82°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05:00)
- Parts of western China including western Xinjiang province (Kashgar) (although most locals observe UTC+06:00 even if it is officially UTC+08:00).
Categories: UTC offsets | Time in Singapore | Time in Australia | Time in China | Time in Taiwan | Time in Southeast Asia | Time in Malaysia | Time in Indonesia | Time in the Philippines
Information as of:
05.06.2021 12:51:37 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.