Virginia Academy of Science
The Virginia Academy of Science is a non-profit organization established to promote science and scientific research in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Academy was first established in 1920 in Richmond, Virginia by a group of nine biologists.
The VIRGINIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCE is affiliated with
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The National Association of Academies of Science
- The American Junior Academy of Sciences
- Publishes The Virginia Journal of Science
- Established the Virginia State Park Service
- Established the Virginia Institute for Scientific Research, regarded by many as a precursor to the Virginia Center for Innovative Technology
- The Science Museum of Virginia was founded due to their effort to establish a statewide network of science museums
- Jesse Beams was a president and fellow of Virginia Academy of Science.
- Lloyd C. Bird was a fellow of Virginia Academy of Science.
- They also have the Virginia Junior Academy of Science (VJAS). This was founded in 1941 and it was named a National Model and ranked among the Top 3 Junior Academies in the U.S. for over 25 Years by the American Junior Academy of Science.
- The Virginia Junior Academy of Science (VJAS) serves over 40,000 Junior and Senior High School students every year.
- The VJAS also presents over $75,000 in rewards every year.
- ^ Staggers, Harry Joseph (1968). "A History of the Virginia Academy of Science; Part I: 1923-1945" (PDF). The Virginia Journal of Science. 19 (1): 61. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- ^ http://www.vacadsci.org/history/Web/Cit.pdf
Information as of: 02.07.2020 11:10:48 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.