Wilkes University, Mesa
|Motto||"Unity Amidst Diversity"|
United States of America
|Colors||Blue and Gold|
Wilkes University, Mesa, is a private university located in Mesa, Arizona. It began offering classes in Arizona in 2013. The university was established to provide first-generation college students access to higher education. It was one of four colleges invited to participate in Mesa’s H.E.A.T. (Healthcare, Education, Aerospace, Technology/Tourism) Initiative for Economic Development.
In 1933, the Wilkes University main campus was founded in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The university signed an agreement with Mesa, Arizona to bring a satellite location to the city in July 2012. Under the agreement, Mesa negotiated a five-year lease for Wilkes University in the Mesa Center for Higher Education.
Wilkes University, Mesa began offering classes in 2013. It was the fourth university to open a campus in Mesa that year. In 2013, the university began offering a MBA program. The main campus was ranked 74th best regional university in the northern United States by U.S. News & World Report the following year. In November 2014, Wilkes University, Mesa offered over $150,000 in scholarships to Mesa residents. The university focuses on providing education opportunities to first-generation students.
The university hosted a writer’s conference and All-Collegiate poetry slam in December 2014. In January 2015, Wilkes University, Mesa began offering business majors including accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, management, marketing and sports and event management. Additionally, the university added master's degrees in creative writing and education to its degree plans as well as a doctor of education program in educational leadership. Wilkes University, Mesa graduated its first class of MBA students in December 2014.
Wilkes University offers 39 undergraduate degree programs, a doctor of nursing practice, doctor of education and doctor of pharmacy degrees and multiple master's degrees. The Mesa location specializes in Master of Business Administration degrees and bachelor's degrees in business for transfer students. Additionally, the campus offers master's degrees in engineering management, creative writing, education and a doctor of education program. Wilkes University, Mesa focuses on providing small classes with individualized instruction to students.
- ^ a b c d e Trevor Godfrey (November 6, 2014). "Wilkes University seeks local students for scholarship program" . Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ a b Ry Rivard (May 3, 2014). "Go West?" . Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ a b c d "Mesa, Wilkes University to sign agreement" . July 10, 2012. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ a b c "WILKES UNIVERSITY IN MESA TO OFFER ARIZONA CREATIVE WRITERS CONFERENCE" . November 28, 2014. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ a b c d "Mesa's downtown colleges confident about future" . May 21, 2014. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ "Wilkes University opening satellite campus in Ariz" . July 10, 2012. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ a b "Mesa, Wilkes University to sign agreement" . July 10, 2012. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ a b c d "Wilkes University Offers 30 $5,000 Scholarships" . November 18, 2014. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ "Mesa Grad School To Host Creative Writing Conference" . December 8, 2014. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^ "Wilkes University Awards Degrees to First Mesa, Ariz., Graduates" . March 10, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
Categories: Universities and colleges in Arizona
Source: Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkes University, Mesa (Authors [History]) License : CC-by-sa-3.0
Changes: All pictures and most design elements which are related to those, were removed. Some Icons were replaced by FontAwesome-Icons. Some templates were removed (like “article needs expansion) or assigned (like “hatnotes”). CSS classes were either removed or harmonized.
Wikipedia specific links which do not lead to an article or category (like “Redlinks”, “links to the edit page”, “links to portals”) were removed. Every external link has an additional FontAwesome-Icon. Beside some small changes of design, media-container, maps, navigation-boxes, spoken versions and Geo-microformats were removed.
Information as of: 02.11.2019 06:03:48 CET - Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore LinkFang.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.